Sunday, June 10, 2012

What are you doing, Dave?

Had a dream that I went to McMenamins and saw an insanely BAD movie. Afterwards the manager came around to ask what we thought of the film.
-----
[Me:] How many thumbs are there in the world?
[Manager:] I don't know. A lot?
[Me:] Well, however many there are, I give it that many thumbs down. That's how stupid this movie is.
-----
I ended up winning the grand prize for best movie review. The grand prize? A chunk of the monolith from "2001: A Space Odyssey."

I tracked down the manager, waved my prize in front of his face and asked, "What the hell am I supposed to do with a piece of broken monkey rock?"
----------------------------
 Saw Prometheus the other night.  Good movie. In the beginning, a robot named David is walking around the ship (the rest of the crew is asleep), farting around, doing his genius robot thing.  At one point, the ship's computer says, "Good morning, David."  NOBODY GOT IT. Ugh.

No comments: