Tuesday, December 11, 2012

"Christmas is not only getting too commercial, it's getting too dangerous."


Deadly shooting at Clackamas Town Center. News won't stop covering it, trying to find reason and meaning in what happened.

I'm sorry it happened, and it shouldn't have happened, but Christmas is the saddest, loneliest, most depressing time of year. More so now than ever before. I'm not saying there's no good in the world; I'm saying it's harder to see the good when you're reminded, daily, for a month, of everything you don't have or have lost or are burdened with. It's no wonder people go a little crazy this time of year. Everywhere you turn, Christmas cheer is being shoved down your throat. It's overwhelming.

Bah humbug. I hate Christmas, and I stand by that hate. If that makes me an asshole, so be it. 

No comments: