Friday, July 6, 2012


Sing loud for the sunshine, pray hard for the rain 
And show your love for Lady Nature
And she will come back again 
The people turned away
The people turned away

Tank and I went to Rockaway for the Fourth. My friend's family has a little beach house out there (JEALOUS).  It was quiet and ... well, quiet.  I didn't have a good time, but I had a nice time. I got to be with my dog and just enjoy his company without being bothered by other dogs or people. It was bittersweet, though, because the last time I took Tank on an adventure, just the two of us, he was young and strong and unstoppable.  He's still a happy dog, but he sleeps a lot and it makes me sad. He's going to be 15 in September and it's hard for me to see how much he has aged, particularly because he's always been so puppy-like. Losing our other dogs really took a toll on him, and he hasn't been the same since. But he's still Tank, just slower. 

I had the Doggy Ride and we went down to the beach for a few hours. Tons of people around and Tank wasn't bothered at all. It could be because he's mostly deaf and kind of blind, but either way I'm glad he was able to relax. He's been "owner protective" his entire life and it makes him incredibly anxious. 

I took him back down to the beach later for the fireworks. He's never been bothered by fireworks, thunder or any sort of loud noise, but when they started up, Tank looked around in confusion, and I was worried he might start to get anxious so we walked back to the beach house. I gave him his Goodie Ship (stuffed with peanut butter) and he lay on his blanket and went to town. I watched "American Movie" and then "Wayne's World," had some dinner, played my guitar and fell asleep. 

I didn't want to leave, but I had work Thursday night and wanted to get home early enough to get some errands done and take a nap.  

I never got the nap and was dead tired at work, but it was worth it. Tank was so happy to be back home with the other dogs, it was adorable.

Untitled

Untitled

The Essentials

the best part of waking up

Untitled

Photogenic runs in the family

No comments: