Thursday, October 29, 2009

It only hurts when I move.

Not much to say, as I'm off to bed in a few minutes. Late, as always. Night shift sucks, but beggars can't be choosers. Got out of work before five this morning, which worked out because I was planning on stopping at Home Depot on the way home and buying some pellets. (We don't have a pellet stove; we have a wood burning stove for which we bought a pellet basket.)

I got there at 5:30 and there was no way in hell I was going to sit in my car for a half hour until it opened. So I went home. Rather, I went to the other Home Depot, about 10 minutes from my house. I figured by the time I got to that one, it would already be open. And I was right. I bought two bags of pellets and some starter gel and went home.

Once I'd lugged both bags to the front porch and gone inside, I let the dogs out and then prepared to do yoga. It's a new thing for me, this yoga, and I went into it grudgingly. I hate yoga. I have ADD. It's hard for me to just sit or stand and do nothing, but I've had a lot of back pain lately and I know that yoga can help. For the last two weeks, I have been doing pilates (Mon, Wed, Fri) and yoga (Tues, Thurs, Sat), and I think it's helping.

Ironically, the day I get the foot stool they ordered for me at work, the back pain comes back full force.

Anyway, did the yoga (only a half hour, since I was running late), inhaled some oatmeal and now I have to feed the minions and go to bed.

The Wings play the Oilers tonight; pretty sure the game starts at 6:30 here. I hope to catch some of it, though apparently the hamthrax has infiltrated Edmonton.

The Winterhawks are playing (who own) the Chiefs on Sunday, and I'm hoping to go. I work this Saturday and probably won't get home until 3 a.m., but the game doesn't start until 5:00. I'll just take the Max in and not have to worry about parking. Speaking of the Winterhawks, check this out:



Awwwwwwwwwwwww. The dog right at the very end looked like Curly Joe before he transformed into a hell hound.

Annnnd....goodnight.

No comments: