Wednesday, April 22, 2015

The wheel weaves as the wheel will

Lots going on, but with raging ADHD and no internet access from home, I can't bring myself to update much.  I'm on my lunch break at work right now.  The Leonid meteor showers are tonight, but I'll miss them, again, because I work graveyard.

RockerBoy and I are signed on for another year at our apartment, so he went all out and started decorating/arranging the place. It looks awesome, and I'd post pics but... ADHD. The weather is finally getting better, so we've been walking more, but RockerBoy's asthma has been really bad since December, and we've been dealing with medical leave and doctor visits/testing, etc. in all that time. It's been stressful, but we've got each other, so we get by. 

We have had Bummer for almost six months now, and he's really come into his own. In other words, he's an insufferable brat. Kidding! He's just a regular puppy who just happens to be deaf and mostly blind. I'm just now getting him confident enough to walk down the three flights of stairs at our apartment by himself. His depth perception is obviously messed up, and he goes very slowly, but he knows he gets a treat at each of the landings, so his tail is always wagging. We had a puppy reunion with his sister, Daisy, (also deaf/blind) a couple of months ago, and much fun was had by all. It was great to see them playing together again, as apparently they had been really close as littermates. 

Curly Joe just turned seven, and is starting to slow down a bit in his old age. As soon as we get our tax return money, we're going to take him in for a tune up, get him on arthritis meds so he'll feel better. 

In about two weeks, RockerBoy and I will celebrate our one year wedding anniversary, although on April 28th it will be two years that he came out here (and never left). Hard to believe so much time has gone by; it feels like we've been together forever (in a good way). I never really knew what love was until him. I guess that's cliche, but that's how I feel.  That's not to say we don't have our rough patches, but nothing any other couple doesn't go through. Mostly it's laughs and smiles, which my friends call "the honeymoon stage," but I just call "us." We're goofy and nerdy and love to prank each other.  For April Fools this year, I surprised him with a plate of "weenie linguine." He ate all of it with a smile on his face.  

I look forward to many, many more years with this guy and our weirdo, messed up dogs. 

I'd write more, but my time is up.  Happy Earth Day, internet.

No comments: