Monday, January 28, 2013

Create and Complete

One of my heroes in one of my favorite movies: Mark Borchardt in "American Movie."



Had a bad week, but it rattled me out of my downward spiral. Going to call my therapist this week and get back into that whole thing. I'm leaving for Florida this Sunday, and I'll be gone for a week. It'll be good to see my friends again; I haven't been to Tampa in five years. Unfortunately, I fly back to Portland two days before a Lightning game, so there won't be any hockey for me this time. I'm okay with that, though. I'm excited to get away, soak up some sun and hug the crap out of two of my favorite people. Besides, the lockout is over and apparently we have the NHL network, so I can at least catch a game or two every now and then. Yesterday I watched the Capitals/Sabres game while making chocolate cupcakes in honor of Chocolate Cake Day. 

I need to sign up for that gym membership I keep putting off. A good friend is (hopefully) flying out in September to do the Warrior Dash with me, and then we've got a week to tear up the Pacific Northwest. After a day of recovery, of course. I'm hoping to do the Shamrock Run in March, but I haven't signed up for it (or the Dash) yet. I can't wait to see my friend. She'll find out this week if her vacation request was granted or denied, and then we can really start planning. Fingers crossed! 

Had more to say, but I'm too tired to remember. So I'll just end with this SNL sketch that made me laugh myself into an asthmatic fit: 


No comments: