Thursday, January 19, 2012

Baby steps to the door.

I started therapy on Monday. It's "exciting" for me because this is the first time in my life I've gone in to therapy on medication and willing to do the work and make the changes. I'm not saying it will be easy, but it's going to be good for me.

Sessions are only 45 minutes which just does not seem like enough time, but I have a $20 co-pay and unlimited sessions through my insurance.

The first session was her just going over the paperwork with me. She said some things that I took issue with, but I'm letting it slide for now. I can address that later on. She said I obviously have PTSD and it seems like I have secondary PTSD, too. I didn't even know there was such a thing as secondary PTSD. She wants to do weekly sessions for now, so I booked another appointment for next Wednesday. I'm scared and excited to get started. She mainly does cognitive therapy, which I like. I really need to learn to turn my negative thoughts around and focus on the positive. It's hard.

I've decided to join a gym. I hate them in general, but I've got four races to train for this year, and I can't run outside when it's cold; asthma makes my lungs freeze up. So I found a place called Anytime Fitness. It's $35 a month to join, which I don't think is bad, but I'm not sure what (if any) contract I'd have to sign. I'm hoping to stop in sometime this week to check it out.

Went to a Winterhawks game last Friday. It was Mascot Night, which was awesome. I've always wanted to go to a mascot game, and it was a lot of fun. The Hawks won (against the Kelowna Rockets) 2 - 1. I'm trying to get ten people together for one of the upcoming promotional games; if you get a ten pack, the tickets are cheaper and everyone gets a free hat! So far I've just got me, my friend and her son, and another friend and two of her kids. We'll need four more people, but they just about exhausts my supply of friends.

Had a bit of snow the other night. Me and a couple of the girls ran out and played in the white stuff on our lunch break. Good times! Thankfully, it was all slush by the time we got off work.

Saturday I'm planning on going to the roller derby season opener. It's their seventh season and I still have not been to a single game.

That's about it for now. More later.

No comments: